We are proud of the accomplishments of our current students and graduates. The above chart indicates that a degree in BCMB from our department at UT has prepared students for a variety of career tracks. BCMB is a challenging major requiring a significant commitment of time and effort.
The biology major combined with the BCMB curriculum is designed to prepare students for a wide spectrum of career opportunities. See our guide for some additional ideas about career options for BCMB majors. To help you further explore these opportunities and seek employment in a field of interest, a number of resources are provided below. These resources are monitored routinely and new items are added on an ongoing basis so please be sure to check back from time to time.
Career Services should be your first stop for all things career related. They provide tips on writing a resume or navigating successfully a job interview. Looking for a job or internship? Career services also provides the relevant tools, particularly Handshake, an online job and internship database available to UT students and alumni.
General Career Development and Job Hunting Sites
- AAAS Science Careers Page
- AccessExcellence—Biotechnology Careers
- Bio Career Center
- Bio Space
- Careers EPA
- Conservation Job Board
- Environmental Career Opportunities
- Jobs in Biomedical Research
- National Institutes of Health—Career Exploration
- North American Association for Environmental Education eeJobs
- Science Jobs.org
- Sloan Career Conerstone Center—Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics & Computer Career Planning
- The Scientist Magazine—Science careers